1. Di Francesco, Andrea, Clara Di Germanio, Michel Bernier, and Rafael de Cabo. "A time to fast." Science 362, no. 6416 (2018): 770-775.
2. Speakman, John R., and Sharon E. Mitchell. "Caloric restriction." Molecular aspects of medicine 32, no. 3 (2011): 159-221.
3. Speakman, John R., and Catherine Hambly. "Starving for life: what animal studies can and cannot tell us about the use of caloric restriction to prolong human lifespan." The Journal of Nutrition 137, no. 4 (2007): 1078-1086.
4. Heilbronn, Leonie K., Lilian De Jonge, Madlyn I. Frisard, James P. DeLany, D. Enette Larson-Meyer, Jennifer Rood, Tuong Nguyen et al. "Effect of 6-month calorie restriction on biomarkers of longevity, metabolic adaptation, and oxidative stress in overweight individuals: a randomized controlled trial." Jama 295, no. 13 (2006): 1539-1548.
5. Ravussin, Eric, Leanne M. Redman, James Rochon, Sai Krupa Das, Luigi Fontana, William E. Kraus, Sergei Romashkan et al. "A 2-year randomized controlled trial of human caloric restriction: feasibility and effects on predictors of health span and longevity." The Journals of Gerontology: Series A 70, no. 9 (2015): 1097-1104.
6. Rochon, James, Connie W. Bales, Eric Ravussin, Leanne M. Redman, John O. Holloszy, Susan B. Racette, Susan B. Roberts et al. "Design and conduct of the CALERIE study: comprehensive assessment of the long-term effects of reducing intake of energy." Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biomedical Sciences and Medical Sciences 66, no. 1 (2010): 97-108.
7. Martin, Corby K., Manju Bhapkar, Anastassios G. Pittas, Carl F. Pieper, Sai Krupa Das, Donald A. Williamson, Tammy Scott et al. "Effect of calorie restriction on mood, quality of life, sleep, and sexual function in healthy nonobese adults: the CALERIE 2 randomized clinical trial." JAMA internal medicine 176, no. 6 (2016): 743-752.
8. Willcox, D. Craig, Bradley J. Willcox, Hidemi Todoriki, J. David Curb, and Makoto Suzuki. "Caloric restriction and human longevity: what can we learn from the Okinawans?." Biogerontology 7, no. 3 (2006): 173-177.
9. Fontana, Luigi, Timothy E. Meyer, Samuel Klein, and John O. Holloszy. "Long-term calorie restriction is highly effective in reducing the risk for atherosclerosis in humans." Proceedings of the national Academy of Sciences 101, no. 17 (2004): 6659-6663.
10. Acosta-Rodríguez, Victoria A., Marleen HM de Groot, Filipa Rijo-Ferreira, Carla B. Green, and Joseph S. Takahashi. "Mice under caloric restriction self-impose a temporal restriction of food intake as revealed by an automated feeder system." Cell metabolism 26, no. 1 (2017): 267-277.
11. Solon-Biet, Samantha M., Aisling C. McMahon, J. William O. Ballard, Kari Ruohonen, Lindsay E. Wu, Victoria C. Cogger, Alessandra Warren et al. "The ratio of macronutrients, not caloric intake, dictates cardiometabolic health, aging, and longevity in ad libitum-fed mice." Cell metabolism 19, no. 3 (2014): 418-430.
12. Chaix, Amandine, Amir Zarrinpar, Phuong Miu, and Satchidananda Panda. "Time-restricted feeding is a preventative and therapeutic intervention against diverse nutritional challenges." Cell metabolism 20, no. 6 (2014): 991-1005.
14. Moro, Tatiana, Grant Tinsley, Antonino Bianco, Giuseppe Marcolin, Quirico Francesco Pacelli, Giuseppe Battaglia, Antonio Palma, Paulo Gentil, Marco Neri, and Antonio Paoli. "Effects of eight weeks of time-restricted feeding (16/8) on basal metabolism, maximal strength, body composition, inflammation, and cardiovascular risk factors in resistance-trained males." Journal of translational medicine 14, no. 1 (2016): 290.
15. Gill, Shubhroz, and Satchidananda Panda. "A smartphone app reveals erratic diurnal eating patterns in humans that can be modulated for health benefits." Cell metabolism 22, no. 5 (2015): 789-798.
16. Carlson, Olga, Bronwen Martin, Kim S. Stote, Erin Golden, Stuart Maudsley, Samer S. Najjar, Luigi Ferrucci et al. "Impact of reduced meal frequency without caloric restriction on glucose regulation in healthy, normal-weight middle-aged men and women." Metabolism 56, no. 12 (2007): 1729-1734.
17. Stote, Kim S., David J. Baer, Karen Spears, David R. Paul, G. Keith Harris, William V. Rumpler, Pilar Strycula et al. "A controlled trial of reduced meal frequency without caloric restriction in healthy, normal-weight, middle-aged adults." The American journal of clinical nutrition 85, no. 4 (2007): 981-988.
18. Marinac, Catherine R., Loki Natarajan, Dorothy D. Sears, Linda C. Gallo, Sheri J. Hartman, Elva Arredondo, and Ruth E. Patterson. "Prolonged nightly fasting and breast cancer risk: findings from NHANES (2009–2010)." Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention Biomarkers 24, no. 5 (2015): 783-789.
19. Marinac, Catherine R., Sandahl H. Nelson, Caitlin I. Breen, Sheri J. Hartman, Loki Natarajan, John P. Pierce, Shirley W. Flatt, Dorothy D. Sears, and Ruth E. Patterson. "Prolonged nightly fasting and breast cancer prognosis." JAMA oncology 2, no. 8 (2016): 1049-1055.
20. Goodrick, C. L., D. K. Ingram, M. A. Reynolds, J. R. Freeman, and N. Cider. "Effects of intermittent feeding upon body weight and lifespan in inbred mice: interaction of genotype and age." Mechanisms of ageing and development 55, no. 1 (1990): 69-87.
21. Mattson, Mark P., David B. Allison, Luigi Fontana, Michelle Harvie, Valter D. Longo, Willy J. Malaisse, Michael Mosley et al. "Meal frequency and timing in health and disease." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 111, no. 47 (2014): 16647-16653.
22. Xie, Kan, Frauke Neff, Astrid Markert, Jan Rozman, Juan Antonio Aguilar-Pimentel, Oana Veronica Amarie, Lore Becker et al. "Every-other-day feeding extends lifespan but fails to delay many symptoms of aging in mice." Nature communications 8, no. 1 (2017): 155.
23. Jordan, Stefan, Navpreet Tung, Maria Casanova-Acebes, Christie Chang, Claudia Cantoni, Dachuan Zhang, Theresa H. Wirtz et al. "Dietary intake regulates the circulating inflammatory monocyte pool." Cell 178, no. 5 (2019): 1102-1114.
24. Catenacci, Victoria A., Zhaoxing Pan, Danielle Ostendorf, Sarah Brannon, Wendolyn S. Gozansky, Mark P. Mattson, Bronwen Martin, Paul S. MacLean, Edward L. Melanson, and William Troy Donahoo. "A randomized pilot study comparing zero‐calorie alternate‐day fasting to daily caloric restriction in adults with obesity." Obesity 24, no. 9 (2016): 1874-1883.
25. Hoddy, Kristin K., Cynthia M. Kroeger, John F. Trepanowski, Adrienne Barnosky, Surabhi Bhutani, and Krista A. Varady. "Meal timing during alternate day fasting: Impact on body weight and cardiovascular disease risk in obese adults." Obesity 22, no. 12 (2014): 2524-2531.
26. Stekovic, Slaven, Sebastian J. Hofer, Norbert Tripolt, Miguel A. Aon, Philipp Royer, Lukas Pein, Julia T. Stadler et al. "Alternate Day Fasting Improves Physiological and Molecular Markers of Aging in Healthy, Non-obese Humans." Cell Metabolism (2019).
27. Safdie, Fernando M., Tanya Dorff, David Quinn, Luigi Fontana, Min Wei, Changhan Lee, Pinchas Cohen, and Valter D. Longo. "Fasting and cancer treatment in humans: A case series report." Aging (Albany NY) 1, no. 12 (2009): 988.
28. Longo, Valter. The longevity diet: discover the new science behind stem cell activation and regeneration to slow aging, fight disease, and optimize weight. Penguin, 2018.
29. Brandhorst, Sebastian, In Young Choi, Min Wei, Chia Wei Cheng, Sargis Sedrakyan, Gerardo Navarrete, Louis Dubeau et al. "A periodic diet that mimics fasting promotes multi-system regeneration, enhanced cognitive performance, and healthspan." Cell metabolism 22, no. 1 (2015): 86-99.
30. Cheng, Chia-Wei, Valentina Villani, Roberta Buono, Min Wei, Sanjeev Kumar, Omer H. Yilmaz, Pinchas Cohen, Julie B. Sneddon, Laura Perin, and Valter D. Longo. "Fasting-mimicking diet promotes Ngn3-driven β-cell regeneration to reverse diabetes." Cell 168, no. 5 (2017): 775-788.
31. Wei, Min, Sebastian Brandhorst, Mahshid Shelehchi, Hamed Mirzaei, Chia Wei Cheng, Julia Budniak, Susan Groshen et al. "Fasting-mimicking diet and markers/risk factors for aging, diabetes, cancer, and cardiovascular disease." Science translational medicine 9, no. 377 (2017): eaai8700.